23 August 2010

During July, Birmingham Airport handled 928,283 travellers through its two terminals, including 664,311 scheduled passengers and 263,972 charter passengers.

Paul Kehoe, Birmingham Airport’s Chief Executive Officer, commented: “Given the fragile nature of the current economic recovery it is perhaps unsurprising that passenger numbers during July were down 4.2% year-on-year. However, Birmingham Airport continues to fare better than a number of other UK airports and the momentum continues to build for Birmingham to be seen as a viable alternative for airports in the over-heated south east.

“Having recently been voted the UK’s top airport by passengers, we want people who may not have used the airport before to come and see just how good we are for themselves!”

During July significant growth was achieved on scheduled flights to destinations such as Arrecife (+144.2%), Tehran (+99.5%), Tenerife (+75.1%), Ibiza (+63.6%), Bydgoszcz (+60.6%), Gerona (+58.4%), Toulouse (+43.2%), Milan (+37.5%), Cork (+35.2%), Faro (+34%), Bergerac (+30.1%), Lyon (+28.5%), Brest (+27.1%), Split (+26.2%), Hamburg (+24.4%), Dusseldorf (+24.1%), Stuttgart (+23.6%), Larnaca (+23.2%), Frankfurt (+19.9%), Toronto (+19.8%), Bratislava (+18.7%), Hanover (+16.7%), Dubai (+15.4%), Zurich (+14.7%), Guernsey (+11.9%), Islamabad (+11.7%) and Munich (+11.1%).

Charter traffic which experienced growth included Dominican Republic (+95.5%), Austria (+33%), Turkey (+30.1%), Croatia (+22.5%), Canada (+21.4%), Italy (+18.6%), Jamaica (+12.1%) and Bulgaria (+11.5%).

Scheduled traffic accounted for 71.6% of the total passenger traffic in July whilst charter passengers made up the remaining 28.4%.

Comments or feedback?

Please email use our contact us section. We'd love to hear from you.

Birmingham Airport Cookie Policy

We use cookies to ensure we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Birmingham Airport website. If you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Find out more

Accept