Birmingham Airport is situated at the heart of the UK Motorway network, located just off Junction 6 of the M42 via the A45.
Our postcode is B26 3QJ if you are travelling to the Airport using a Sat-Nav.
- From the north-west (Stafford, Stoke, Manchester, Liverpool): Take the M6, M6 Toll, M42
- From the north-east (Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Sheffield, Leeds): Take the M1, M42
- From the east (Coventry, Northampton): Take the M6
- From the south-east (Banbury, Oxford, Bicester, London): M40
- From the south-west (Worcester, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Bristol): M5
Specific directions to Birmingham Airport can be found using a dedicated journey planner, including Transport Direct (www.transportdirect.info) and the AA Route Planner (www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp).
*A38 Tunnel Closures - Birmingham City Centre - for your information please click here to find out more about the A38 tunnel closures this summer.
Live Traffic Information
Live traffic information from
The Airport has a wide range of on-site car parks, including secure motorbike parking, all within easy distance of the terminal building. Find out more.
Red routes are in operation on the airport site, this is to maintain safety for our passengers, visitors and staff. Drivers are prohibited to stop, unload or park on red routes, which are clearly marked around the airport roads via signage and double red road markings. A vehicle monitoring and enforcement operation is in place, with an enforcement charge of £100.