1. What tests are required upon return to the UK?
The UK Government has announced temporary changes to travel requirements into the UK from 4am on Tuesday 30th November 2021. From this date you must:
- Take a PCR test by day two after arriving into England, despite your Covid vaccine status.
- You can book and arrange to have your PCR test taken Birmingham Airport on arrival or by day two. Lateral flow tests are not accepted.
- You can receive your result back by 10pm the day after testing.
- You must self-isolate until you receive your negative results. Once you receive a negative test you can leave isolation. (Visit here to get details what to do if your result is positive)
- You must fill out a Passenger Locator Form before arriving into England.
Currently, we understand these rules will be on temporary basis in response to the new Omicron variant and we will update this site once the UK Government has provided more details on how long these measures will be in place.
2. Do I have to wear a face covering upon arriving at the airport?
It continues to be mandatory to wear face coverings within certain areas of the airport. For further details please see here.
Children/people with disabilities including hidden disabilities may be exempt. Please see here for more details.
3. Upon arrival will I have to board a bus to take me to the terminal? How are these cleaned and how often?
You will still be required to wear a face covering on board all airport buses. please ensure self-distancing is adhered to while on our buses. All our buses are part of our enhanced cleaning system.
4. Are the pushchairs still available to use when I land? How are these cleaned?
Yes, the pushchairs are still available. Again, these are part of our advanced cleaning regime. However, with any customer touchpoints please use the hand sanitiser before and after use.
5. What is the process in immigration, can I use the e gates? Do I have to queue, will the 2 metres social distancing be adhered to?
Over 12-year olds can use the e-gates. Social distancing markers are in place. It is mandatory to wear face coverings in the immigration hall. Where you can social distance please ensure you do.
6. How do I get my bag from the carousel?
Please only approach the carousel when you can see your bag, remember social distancing.
7. Can I be met by friends and family in the arrivals area?
Yes they can meet you in the arrivals area.