1. Do I have to self-isolate for 10 days upon return?
You may have to self-isolate for the first 10 days you’re in the UK and all Travel corridors were suspended 4am, 18 January 2021. View the latest guidance here.
Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office have also published a list of counties that the UK Government is advising against all but essential travel. More information can be found here.
Your support in self-isolating is essential to minimising transmission of the virus and in keeping the UK safe. This is a legal obligation and you may be fined if you do not comply.
2. Do I have to wear a face covering upon arriving at the airport?
It is mandatory to wear face coverings throughout the airport. For further details please see here.
Children/people with disabilities including hidden disabilities may be exempt. Please see here for more details.
3. Upon arrival will I have to board a bus to take me to the terminal? How are these cleaned and how often?
You will be required to wear a face covering on board all airport buses. please ensure self-distancing is adhered to while on our buses. All our buses are part of our enhanced cleaning system.
4. Are the pushchairs still available to use when I land? How are these cleaned?
Yes, the pushchairs are still available. Again, these are part of our advanced cleaning regime. However, with any customer touchpoints please use the hand sanitiser before and after use.
5. What is the process in immigration, can I use the e gates? Do I have to queue, will the 2 metres social distancing be adhered to?
Over 12-year olds can use the e-gates. Social distancing markers are in place. It is mandatory to wear face coverings in the immigration hall.
6. How do I get my bag from the carousel?
Please only approach the carousel when you can see your bag, remember social distancing. It is mandatory to wear face covering in the baggage hall.
7. Can I be met by friends and family in the arrivals area?
Your friends and family will need to adhere to the government guidance regarding the national lockdown rules.