1. What time do I need to arrive at the airport before my flight departure time?
Please check with your airline, as all check in times differ.
2. Can family members or friends see me off on my travels?
From the 1st July, only customers travelling the airport can enter the terminal building. Exceptions apply for those requiring special assistance.
3. Will I be temperature checked when I come to the airport?
We are trialling thermal imaging cameras upon entrance to the terminal building. Please do not come to the airport if you have any symptoms of COVID-19. Entrance to the terminal building will not be granted to anyone presenting with a temperature.
4. How will social distancing be enforced at the Airport?
We strongly advise you adhere to social distancing when at the airport. Social distancing signage is in place throughout.
5. Will you be providing face coverings to passengers when they enter the terminal?
We strongly advise customers to wear a face covering when in the terminal. Face coverings are mandatory in the security search area, on airport buses, in the Immigration Hall and in Baggage Reclaim.
Children/people with disabilities including hidden disabilities may be exempt. Please see here for more details.
6. Do I still have to check-in as I normally would?
Our check in desks have screens between our colleagues and customers, similar to those seen in supermarkets. Your check in agent will ask you to hold up passports for checking, please adhere to all of their requests.
7. I usually use the self-check in desks, are these still open? How are they cleaned?
The self-service check in desks are in operation and are part of our enhanced cleaning regime. However, as with all surfaces we strongly advise you to wash your hands or use hand sanitiser before and after using them.
8. Are you expecting longer queues at security? Should I arrive earlier at the airport?
Passengers are encouraged to arrive at the terminal in line with the check in opening times for their flight. The security process will take longer than usual as we adhere to social distancing guidelines, please ensure you allow sufficient time to pass through security.
9. What is the process at security? Will I be hand searched?
Our security colleagues will social distance as much as they can. For tasks that require a body search or closer contact then our colleagues will wear a mask, a vizor and gloves. Additionally, colleagues will use hand sanitiser between searches. We aim to keep physical contact to a minimum.
10. How often are the trays cleaned in security? Are there wipes available for me to wipe down my tray?
The trays are part of our enhanced cleaning regime.
11. I have a child with disabilities, does the sunflower scheme still work?
Yes please approach our colleagues and they will assist you.
12. Will water fountains still be available fill up our own water bottles? Are these cleaned regularly?
Yes, the water fountains are part of our enhanced cleaning regime. All water fountains are still working.
13. Will you be providing hand sanitiser throughout the terminal?
There are many hand sanitiser stations throughout the customer journey.
14. Are you still providing trolleys? If so, are they cleaned between users?
Yes, trolleys are still available and again are part of our enhanced cleaning regime.
15. What cleaning measures are in place?
We have stepped up our cleaning regime since the pandemic of COVID-19. We have dedicated teams ensuring all the customer touch points are cleaned frequently. Additionally, we have purchased new equipment that is called, fogging. Fogging is a spray that is performed nightly across the terminals and ensures that COVID-19 cannot live on any surfaces for 24 hours. This will be done each night.
16. What shops, bars and restaurants are open?
Currently the below are open for customers:
- Spar- 0800-1400 everyday
- Boots Arrivals - Monday - Friday 0900-1700 hours (Closed Saturdays & Sundays)
- Arrow Cars
- Boots Airside everyday
- Next - 0600-1900 everyday
- WHSmith Departure Lounge North – 0600-1800 hours everyday
- World Duty Free - 0500-1900 everyday
The following will be opening on the below dates:
- Caffe Nero will be open on the 16th July
- Burger King will open on the 15th July
- M&S Food to Go will open on the 15th July
- Factory Bar & Kitchen will open on the 15th July
- Accessorize will open on the 15th July
- JD Sports will open on the 17th July
- Costa Airside will open on the 23rd July
- Caffe Nero will open on the 16th July
17. Can I bring my own food and drink to the airport as there are limited options?
Customers can bring their own food and drink to the airport however please ensure that it follows the liquid guidelines.
18. What measures have you put in place to help reduce the amount of contact between your employees and passengers?
We have ensured that colleagues that can, will socially distance, for colleagues that do need to have contact with customers then they will wear a face covering and a visor.
19. Can I bring hand sanitiser through security?
Hand sanitiser can be taken through security as long as it complies with the liquid restrictions.
20. Will there be social distancing on the buses that take us to the aircraft?
There will be limited seating on all buses, and we advise all to follow social distancing. Additionally, it is mandatory for face coverings to be worn on all airport buses.
21. Is the Air Rail Link still running?
The Air Rail Link is currently suspended. A replacement bus service is being provided from Bus Stop Nb at the train station and Bus Stop C at the front of the terminal which will run to coincide with flight arrivals and departures. Our buses are suitable or wheelchair users.
Face coverings are compulsory on all airport buses and buses are running with a reduced capacity to ensure social distancing measures can be adhered to.
22. How are aircraft cleaned in between flights and is the air in the aircraft safe?
Please refer to the airline websites regarding individual cleaning processes.