We pride ourselves on forever pushing forwards, as does our business. When we first opened in 1939, we flew to seven airports. Now, Birmingham Airport handles millions of passengers every year and that requires a huge team of people. We have a range of jobs that cover a range of skills and provide opportunities within an industry that is set to expand over the coming years as the demand for air travel continues to grow.
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer, the Airport Company provides a range of rewards and benefits for people who are successfully recruited to join the Airport Team in recognition of contribution to the success of the business.
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to invest in our Employee Share Ownership Scheme
- A Group Personal Pension Plan to which the employer makes a contribution
- Generous holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays (or equivalent hours for shift staff)
- Concessionary on-site parking
- Child care vouchers scheme
- A discretionary bonus linked to Company performance
- Discounted travel (up to 25%) available on bus and train tickets through the Travelwise Scheme
- Discounts on a variety of retail and catering outlets within the Airport
- Exclusive discounted travel/holiday offers
- A variety of additional lifestyle benefits
The Airport takes a proactive stance on employee wellbeing offering health referral services including the likes of Occupational Health and counselling services amongst others.
We believe that these benefits help us to provide our employees with a supportive and progressive employment environment.
Life at Birmingham Airport
Meet some of our Security team and find out what their role involves.
We're looking for Aviation Security Officers to help people holiday this year. Security is a crucial role within the airport operation so all we ask is that you'll need to be able to work in a team and deliver great customer service!
Benefits of our Aviation Security Contracts:
- Your salary will be split into 12 equal monthly payments on an annualised hours contract
- Two-week training course when you start that will equip you with all you need to know
- Free parking on-site
- Discounted travel (up to 25%) available on bus and train tickets
- Discounts on a variety of retail and catering outlets within the airport
- Working closely with other departments and airport partners
Life at Birmingham Airport
Meet some of our Customer Service team and find out what their role involves.
Gender Pay Gap Report
Birmingham Airport is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer and our policies are designed to ensure that talent and capability are the only criteria required to succeed in our business. The following document shares our gender pay gap figures as of April 2021, which sets out the measures required by regulation. As we employ people across a number of subsidiary companies, we feel it is right to report figures for the entire Birmingham Airport Group, as well as Birmingham Airport Ltd, to provide absolute transparency.