dnata Catering UK are actively seeking HGV Class 2 Drivers to join our already successful and vibrant team at Birmingham Airport. As an HGV Class 2 Driver you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that our catering and goods arrive with our airline customers on time, in-line with various scheduling requirements. This role is central to our services, allowing us to distribute the catering and goods which we are very proud of.
As an HGV Class 2 Driver you will be working in both airside and non-airside areas of our business:
- Collecting and loading of the bar sets and catering equipment on to 17 tonne rigid vehicles.
- Driving airside, you will ensure our products are delivered safely on time to the aircraft.
- Liaise with Cabin Crew from our array of airline customers to facilitate the transfer of catering equipment to and from your vehicle to the aircraft.
- Occasional requirement to delivery stock to other units across the UK Working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment where we aim to delight our customers.
Please note your duties will include but are not limited to the above
To undertake this role, you must:
- Full UK Driving License Class 2 Cat C (with no more than 6 points)
- Full CPC Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Have adequate numeracy and English skills.
- Be able to work full time, 40 hours per week.
- Be able to work 8 or 10 hour shifts between the hours of 6am and 10pm
- Work 5 days out of 7 that will include some weekends.
- Start dates will be end of February 2024
- Seasonal position until 31st October 2024
As the global caterer of choice, dnata catering UK provides inflight catering to the worlds leading airlines. When serving these customers, we are also serving their customer and leaving a lasting impression on their travel experience. That is why our mission is to deliver the promises our customers make. We offer a comprehensive range of Inflight Catering, Onboard Retail and Logistics services across all of the UK’s major and regional airports. Our continual pursuit of innovation and excellence has secured the business of more than 80 of the industry’s biggest operators.
What’s in it for you?
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner on site, including refreshments
- Free on-site parking
- £60 towards both, dental and optical cover through our Simply Health Cash Plan
- £150 if you Refer a Friend
- Discounted gym membership at over 2000 gyms nationwide
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Opportunity to enhance your learning through our inhouse apprenticeship programme
- Pension scheme and life cover
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which offers counselling and advice on a wide variety of issues, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Take a look at the full job description here
To apply for this seasonal position, ending 31 October 2024, send your CV to [email protected] quoting ‘DNA HGV Class 2’