Mitie has a great opportunity for a Security Officer to join the Total Security Management Team based at Birmingham Airport.
Hourly Rate: £9.25 to start rising to £10.00 1st April
Variable shifts 10 – 12 hr shifts days/nights
Reporting to the Security Operations Manager through the security supervisors/duty managers to undertake aviation security duties at Birmingham Airport, in line with the National Aviation Security Programme and localised procedures.
- To control access of persons into the CP (Critical Part)
- Responsible for the searching of all vehicles into the CP
- To conduct body searches when required
- To carry liquid testing as and when required
- To carry out x-ray screening duties. (Successful completion of a colour efficiency eye test is required at interview)
- To perform all other duties to the necessary CAA/DFT standards.
- To respond to any emergency as and when required
- To carry out foot patrols
- To be compliant with Aviation security local operating procedures, practices and protocols
- To undertake all mandatory security training as stipulated by the CAA
- To utilise equipment only as you have been trained to
- To achieve an acceptable level of competence which is measured through relevant performance evaluations
- To act as Security Liaison for emergency services
- Any other reasonable instruction
- Able to do shifts covering a 24hr period inclusive of weekends and bank holidays and when required.
- Able to work on own initiative and also within a team
- Problem solving skills.
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write reports.
- Customer services focused
- Smart in appearance
- Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to go above and beyond to support the client and visitors
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal
- It is important the Security Officer is calm under pressure
- Capable of achieving and maintaining level 1 CAA/DfT security standard
- Basic computer skills to operate certain equipment.
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels including outside agencies and authorities
Applicants will need the following to apply:
Due to security clearance required applicants must have been resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 years.
Successful candidates will need a clear criminal record check and a counter terrorist check.
CV must be in full and include full 5 year background history without any gaps. Details are to be detailed and accurate see requirements :
Employer Name/Educational establishment.
Full Start and finish dates – DD/MM/YY
Full dates of registered unemployment DD/MM/YY
Full dates of any periods of not working or registered unemployed DD/MM/YY