Working for Sodexo in the Emirates Lounge Birmingham Airport
To provide reliable and high-quality housekeeping and janitorial services for the Emirates lounge prior to, during and after its opening times. To Maintain the presentation and cleanliness of all designated areas, bathroom and kitchen facilities and ensure all areas are cleaned efficiently and in a timely manner to the required standards – this is to include weekly and period tasks. Be able to interact directly and discretely with the Airline’s premium passengers in a professional and appropriate manner.
Position: Emirates Lounger Cleaner
Pay: £12.00 per hour
Contract type: Permanent contract, full time
Shifts are 7/8 hours but there will be no night shifts
A Lounge Area
- Ensure that the lounge and seating area is clean, sofa chairs and tables are arranged per the lounge plan, prior and after the lounge opening times.
- Maintain Lounge cleanliness during lounge operating hours.
- Clear and clean tables.
- Spot clean all cupboards, tables, desks and other furniture and fittings.
- Vacuum recesses in upholstered furniture.
- Dust all surfaces, fittings, frames, signage, and furniture below two metres.
- Dust and spot clean all skirting.
- Spot clean all walls, doors, and paintwork.
- Dust wall surfaces.
- Clear and vacuum all carpeted areas paying attention to corners.
- Clean and polish all hard floor surfaces.
- Clean and sanitise telephones and computers s well as other business centre equipment (photocopier, printer etc)
- Dust ceiling air vents.
- Empty waste bins, as necessary. Wipe clean and replace bin liners when required.
- Vacuum the carpets to remove all obvious soil, dirt, and crumbs.
- Clean and wipe chairs and sofas.
B. Lounge Area
- Wash and clean all the vanity areas, shower receptacles and toilets using the approved methods and cleaning product and equipment.
- Ensure the toilet bowls and shower rooms are clean and tidy.
- Clean shower areas immediately after passengers have vacated so that they are ready for the next guests to use.
- Ensure that adequate supply of combs, hand towels, dental and shaving kits is displayed neatly at the vanity area at all times.
- Replenish towels, as necessary.
- Top up the hand wash, hand lotion, shampoo gel, hair conditioner dispensers on a regular basis.
- Clear the laundry baskets of used towels.
- Empty the garbage bins regularly.
- Ensure the cleaning stores are kept clean and tidy and equipment is stored correctly and safely at all times.
C. Kitchen Help
- Operate the dishwasher machine. Put all crockery, cutlery, trays, and other kitchen items through the dishwasher and put all clean items away.
- Thoroughly clean the machine at the end of each shift.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Kitchen by sweeping and mopping the floors, wiping counters etc.
- Empty waste bins and rubbish and move to collection point.
- Wipe clean and replace bin liners.
- Report any incidents of accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, or other irregularities to your Line Supervisor or Manager.
Please note your duties will include but are not limited to the above
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- To dress accordingly to the standards and guidelines advised and wear the supplied uniform garments at all times when on duty.
- To only use products and equipment supplied and specifically for the job.
- Ensure that all H&S documentation for example cleaning schedules is signed off daily once all tasks have been completed.
- Comply with all legal and company procedures relating to food safety, health and safety and personal hygiene.
- Sign in and out when on shift to ensure hours worked are paid correctly. Follow the shift’s roster.
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings as requested.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Cleaning skills and experience
- Front of house and customer facing experience
- Highly motivated
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment.
How to apply: Send a CV to [email protected] quoting ‘Sodexo Cleaner’