At this moment in time, we're not offering placements for work experience. Keep checking this page for updates.
Work Experience Program
The airport is a diverse, fast paced and truly exciting workplace and we have great pleasure in inviting students from the local community to take part in the Birmingham Airport Limited Work Experience Program.
The 2019/2020 Program
Students will be mainly observing, however may be assigned small projects such as information gathering and working as part of the operational teams to help them gain an experience of how the airport operates. Students will gain an understanding of the variety of roles that are at Birmingham Airport.
Please note that, due to high demand, we currently work exclusively with students from the following schools:
King Edward VI Sheldon Heath Academy - Sheldon
Tile Cross Academy – Tile Cross
Park Hall Academy – Castle Bromwich
John Henry Newman Catholic College – Chelmsley Wood
Heart of England School – Balsall Common
Lyndon School – Solihull
Grace Academy - Solihull
Cockshutt Hill School - Yardley
If you are interested in applying for a placement please read the guidelines below:
• You must hold a valid passport to be eligible for a placement.
• You must be aged between 15 and 17 years of age at the time of your placement.
• Placements are geared towards Year 10 requirements.
• The airport can accept two students per month during term time only. (October 2019, November 2019, February 2020, March 2020, April 2020, May 2020, June 2020, July 2020)
• Please ensure that you tell us which month you would like your work experience to take place.
• Please note you are responsible for your own travel arrangements and expenses.
• You will be expected to dress appropriately and arrive on time each day. A detailed timetable will be supplied to successful applicants.
• Duration of the placement will be for a period of one week only.
• Only on-line applications will be considered.
The deadline for all applications for our 2019/2020 Program is 7 June 2019.
Birmingham Airport will be offering two work experience programs for 2019/2020.
Travel and Tourism: This will include time in a variety of departments that may include Airport Security, Customer Experience, Support Functions (HR, Marketing, IT, Finance, Commercial, Aviation Development, Property).
Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM): This will include time in a variety of departments that require skills in STEM and may include: Engineering, Air Traffic Control, Airport Control Centre, Finance, IT.
What you need to do?
Please complete the online application form to be considered.
What happens next?
Your application will be sent to your school for shortlisting and interview. Successful candidates will then be contacted by the airport work experience team to arrange an onsite visit.
Students will be given a Health & Safety Induction when arriving on site.