Celebrating Chinese New Year at Birmingham Airport!
We offer one-stop services to destinations across Asia including Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Bangkok, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
Nine airlines operate from Birmingham Airport offering one-stop services to Asia through major connecting hubs, meaning there is an option for every passenger. These include:
- Air France - Offering x 3 daily flights connecting through Paris CDG and onwards to Asia
- Air India - Offering x 4 weekly flights via Delhi, and x 2 weekly flights via Amritsar, connecting to Shanghai
- Emirates - Offering x 2 daily flights connecting through Dubai and onwards to Asia
- KLM - Offering x 5 daily flights connecting through Amsterdam Schipol and onwards to Asia
- Lufthansa - Offering x 4 daily flights via Frankfurt and x 3 daily flights via Munich and onwards to Asia
- Qatar Airways - Offering daily flights connecting through Doha and onwards to Asia
- SAS - Offering x 11 weekly flights via Copenhagen and onwards to Beijing and Shanghai
- Swiss - Offering x 12 weekly flights via Zurich and onwards to Beijing and Shanghai
- Turkish Airlines - Offering x 12 weekly flights via Istanbul and onwards to Asia. From April 2019, flights will be double daily.
At The Airport
Travelling through Birmingham Airport in the lead up to Chinese New Year...we've got a treat for you. Retailers will be running various offers, activities and entertainment in the terminal. Brands including Tom Ford, Clarins, Christian Dior and Estee Lauder are offering exclusive products in the World Duty Free store.
Passengers will be given the chance to enjoy a traditional lion dance performance in the terminal on Tuesday 5th February – the official Chinese New Year’s Day.
Chinese New Year Festival on 10th February
To celebrate we're sponsoring the Chinese New Year Festival in Birmingham City Centre on Sunday 10th February. Come down to our stand, located in Southside by the Arcadian, for a chance to win flights to China with Emirates, Qatar Airways and Turkish Airlines.
The festival will run from 11.30am until 4.30pm. The prize draws for the flight tickets will take place at midday, 14.30 and 15.30. Pick up a fortune cookie from our stand to find out whether you're one of the lucky three winners!
There will be mini performances from 'Shakespeare's Aloud', resident actors from Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, on our stand throughout the festival, and lots of photo opportunities with the actors. There will also be a photobooth so you can take away a little personalised momento from the day itself or upload to your social media channels to share with friends!
We will also be handing out cupcakes and branded pens on the stand, as well as information about our services to China. Come down and have a chat with our team to find out answers to any specific questions you might have.
Driving into the city centre on Sunday?
Our parking partner, NCP, are offering 25% off car parking in their New Street and Horsefair car park on the day of the festival! Simply use discount code CNYCP19 to take advantage of this offer.
The following terms and conditions apply...
- The offer is available for Birmingham New Street & Birmingham Horsefair NCP Car Parks for entries from 10/02/2019 until midnight 10/02/2019
- The offer is available for bookings from 6th February 2019 until 10th February 2019
- The booking is fully refundable, cancellable and amendable, up to 2 hours before the booking start time - except for Early Bird, Super Saver and Non-Flexible products
- Offer only applies to bookings made for 1 day only
- The code cannot be used in conjunction with a fixed rate product or any other offer including: Weekend Special, Winter Special, NEC Special, Super Saver.
- This offer applies to new bookings only and cannot be applied retrospectively to existing booking.
- Limited offer and subject to availability.
- Only one entry and one exit is permitted.
- Both car park and pre-book NCP terms and conditions apply.