We have introduced extra measures to ensure your journey is as safe as possible.
COVID-19 Update and Advice
Help Us Help You
We look forward to welcoming you back to Birmingham Airport soon. Over the last few months we've been working hard implementing the necessary control measures to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 and to ensure your journey through the airport is as safe as possible.
Early in the crisis, we implemented a number of measures including social distancing, hand sanitiser units, additional signage and physical barriers.
As we now prepare for your return, we are introducing a number of further health and safety measures meaning your journey through the airport will be different to what you're used to. Our video below shows what you can expect to see when you travel through Birmingham Airport now.
- All our airport colleagues will be wearing face coverings in the terminal building and shields are in place to reduce the risk of face-to-face contact for both our customers and colleagues. In security areas, where social distancing can take place, our colleagues will have periods of time where face coverings are not worn.
- An enhanced cleaning regime including the use of the most advanced disinfectant spraying method has been implemented throughout the terminal.
- Thermal imaging is currently being trialled with cameras carrying out temperature checks at our terminal entrance. We also recommend that only customers travelling enter the terminal, unless assistance is required. Please do not visit the airport if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have a high temperature.
There are five key things we would like you to do as you travel through the airport to help protect our customers and airport colleagues. When you visit the airport you will see these are clearly displayed throughout your journey too.
- Wash your hands well and often with soap and water or use hand sanitisers provided
- Wear face coverings in security, through immigration, in the Baggage Hall, and on airport buses. It is advisory that you wear them throughout the terminal too
- Use floor markings to adhere to social distancing when you're at the airport
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing and discard the used tissue
- Make contact-less payments where possible, pre-book services before you travel, and check-in online with your airline
Please follow our guidance so we can work to control the virus and help to keep you safe in all areas of the airport.
If you would like to receive regular updates from us, please sign up to emails here.