We have introduced extra measures to ensure your journey is as safe as possible.
COVID-19 Update and Advice
Help Us Help You
We look forward to welcoming you back to Birmingham Airport soon. Over the last few months we've been working hard implementing the necessary control measures to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 and to ensure your journey through the airport is as safe as possible.
Early in the crisis, we implemented a number of measures including social distancing, hand sanitiser units, additional signage and physical barriers.
As we now prepare for your return, we are introducing a number of further health and safety measures meaning your journey through the airport will be different to what you're used to. Our video below shows what you can expect to see when you travel through Birmingham Airport now.
- All our airport colleagues will be wearing face coverings in the terminal building and shields are in place to reduce the risk of face-to-face contact for both our customers and colleagues. In security areas, where social distancing can take place, our colleagues will have periods of time where face coverings are not worn.
- An enhanced cleaning regime including the use of the most advanced disinfectant spraying method has been implemented throughout the terminal.
- Thermal imaging is currently being trialled with cameras carrying out temperature checks at our terminal entrance. Please do not visit the airport if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have a high temperature.
There are five key things we would like you to do as you travel through the airport to help protect our customers and airport colleagues. When you visit the airport you will see these are clearly displayed throughout your journey too.
- Wash your hands well and often with soap and water or use hand sanitisers provided
- Wear face coverings throughout the airport
- Use floor markings to adhere to social distancing when you're at the airport
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing and discard the used tissue
- Make contact-less payments where possible, pre-book services before you travel, and check-in online with your airline
Please follow our guidance so we can work to control the virus and help to keep you safe in all areas of the airport.
Quarantine Rules, FCDO Advice and Passenger Locator Form
Due to the infection rate overseas, there are a number of countries that require customers to self-isolate for 14 days on their arrival into the UK. Currently, countries on the quarantine list include Spain, Portugal, France and the Netherlands,and Croatia. The following regions Crete, Lesvos, Mykonos, Santorini, Serifos, Tinos, Zakynthos will be removed from the exempt list at 4am, Wednesday, 9 September 2020.
Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office have also published a list of counties that the UK Government is advising against all but essential travel. More information can be found here.
Your support in self-isolating is essential to minimising transmission of the virus and in keeping the UK safe. This is a legal obligation and you may be fined if you do not comply.
You must also complete a Passenger Locator Form before you arrive in the UK. All passengers arriving into the UK (excluding arrivals travelling from the Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands) are required to complete an online UK Passenger Locator Form before entering the UK - please click here for information on UK public health requirements and a link to the form.