Birmingham Airport are committed to ensuring that the personal data of our passengers is handled in accordance with data protection law. This privacy notice reflects the requirements of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and will be updated to reflect any future changes to data protection laws.
The type of personal information we collect
We ask passengers to provide us with the following information:
- Email address
- Flight number
This information is collected so that we can assist you in completing a declaration form stating that you are able to make the journey from landside to airside without assistance. A copy of this declaration (receipt) will also be sent to your email address.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Your information is provided to us by you when we complete the declaration on Microsoft Forms on your behalf.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is:
- processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of the Data Controller
Who we share your personal information with
Your information will be shared with the Assisted Travel Team at Birmingham Airport.
How we store your personal information
Your information will be stored on
- Birmingham Airport servers, based in the UK
- Microsoft servers, based in the USA
Your information will be retained for 6 months to facilitate investigations into any potential complaints that may arise.
Is your personal data being processed because of a regulatory or contractual requirement?
Are we using automated decision making or profiling with regards to your personal data?
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at:
Data Protection Team
Birmingham Airport Limited
E-mail: [email protected]
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk