Birmingham Airport are committed to ensuring that the personal data of our employees is handled in accordance with data protection law. This privacy notice reflects the requirements of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and will be updated to reflect any future changes to data protection laws.
The type of personal information we collect
We ask employees of Birmingham Airport and third parties to provide us with the following information when completing our travel survey:
- Age Group
- Email Address
Please note that all responses are optional.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Your personal data is provided voluntarily by you. The survey will be available via a link on the intranet. A paper copy will be distributed to those who don’t have access to the intranet.
The survey is being conducted by Birmingham Airport annually to:
- help understand how employees travel to work and their reasons
- monitor changes in travel patterns and the impact of measures we introduce
The information we capture is used for various reasons:
Company and Role
To determine which companies have not completed the survey. To analyse and identify travel trends among companies and roles
To identify where further transport links are required
To determine if there is a correlation between genders and the usage of particular modes of transport
To determine if there is a correlation between age groups and the usage of particular modes of transport
To be entered into the prize draw
To be contacted for the purposes of developing transport to the Airport (if opted in)
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information are:
- processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of the data controller
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of their personal data
Who we share your personal information with
We will share this information with ARUP who are conducting the survey.
How we store your personal information
Your personal data will be stored on:
- Birmingham Airport servers, based in the UK
- ARUP’s servers, based in the UK
Your personal data will be retained for a year, until the next survey is released.
Is your personal data being processed because of a regulatory or contractual requirement?
Are we using automated decision making or profiling with regards to your personal data?
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at:
Data Protection Team
Birmingham Airport Limited
E-mail: [email protected]
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk