Birmingham Airport is collecting your personal data. When we collect personal data, we are obliged legally to provide you with certain information, it is called the “Right to be Informed”. That information is contained in the below Notice. If any of the information we provide to you is not clear enough, there are contact details for Birmingham Airports Data Protection Officer further down this Notice, please do not hesitate to make contact and ask for further information.
1. Why we need it - the purpose of processing
We will use your name and email address for our marketing.
If you have ticked the opt in box, we will send you electronic marketing information via your email address. This would include information about the latest destinations, airline offers, our airport partners, parking and shopping offers as well as advice on how to prepare for your journey through the airport.
2. Why we’re allowed to process your personal information in this way – the legal basis
- Article 6 condition - Consent
You can withdraw your consent for us to send you marketing by email at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you.
3. Who we will share your personal information with?
We use an email broadcasting platform called Campaigner to create and dispatch our marketing communications, so your information will sit in their software and on their servers. They will only process your data for marketing purposes.
Campaigner will have access to the personal data held in its software for the purposes of supporting the IT infrastructure only, they will not have access to the information for any other purpose.
4. Where your personal information will be stored or transferred to – will it be sent outside of the European Economic Area?
- Campaigner will store your personal information on their servers which are in the UK.
- Birmingham Airport has secure servers located in the UK
5. How long we will keep your personal information for
We have a re-engagement programme in place, meaning you will be removed from our marketing database if you have not engaged with us for two years. At this point we will remove your information from our marketing database over the next year, meaning your information will not be kept any longer than 3 years after your last engagement. If you are engaging with us, we will continue to send you marketing until you withdraw your consent.
6. Your rights
You are entitled to request the following from Birmingham Airport. These are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on Birmingham Airports website about each of these and what they mean to you. You can find this information by going to birminghamairport.co.uk/dataprotection
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
If you have any questions about them, or wish to contact us and ask us to look at your rights at any time, please contact Birmingham Airports Data Protection Officer on the below details.
Birmingham Airport Limited
Email: [email protected]
7. If you are unhappy with the way in which we use your personal information
If you are unhappy with the way in which Birmingham Airport has used your personal information and you have already been in contact with us (on the above details) and feel we did not resolve your issues to your satisfaction, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office (The UK’s Data Protection Regulator), the details are below. However, the Information Commissioner does prefer that you have contacted Birmingham Airport first with your concerns before you then take those concerns to the Regulator.
Information Commissioners Office
Email: [email protected]
Telephone number: 0303 123 1113 for local rate calls or 01625 545745 for the national rate
8. Is your personal data being processed because of a regulatory or contractual requirement?
With regards to sending you marketing information, there is no contractual or regulatory requirement for this.
9. Are we using automated decision making or profiling with regards to your personal data?
No, there is no automated decision making or profiling carried out on your personal data for this purpose.