Fly to long haul destinations from Birmingham Airport. From tropical escapes to exciting new cities, book your next adventure from Birmingham Airport.
Average temperature in Beijing
Visiting Beijing for the first time?
- One of the seven wonders of the world, The Great Wall of China, can be found in Beijing. With a history of about 2,700 years, some of the Great Wall sections are sadly now in ruins; but don’t let that put you off, there’s still loads to explore!
- The Forbidden City is a palace complex in central Beijing and is the world's largest collection of well-preserved medieval wooden structures. The detail of the architecture is astounding. Every detail reflects features of traditional Chinese architecture and rich Chinese culture.
- Shichahai is a famous scenic area in the northwest part of Beijing, which consists of three lakes. In the summer you can rent boats to paddle on the lakes or in winter you can ice-skate.
Looking for something different?
- Fan of the TV show Friends? There is a working replica of Central Perk where you can enjoy a coffee and watch episodes of Friends.
- Visiting a teahouse isn’t just about trying tea, it’s about experiencing a unique and fascinating part of Chinese culture. In addition to sampling some truly beautiful tea, you may also be able to get your hands on tasty Beijing snacks, mix it with locals and, if you’re lucky, catch a performance while you’re there!
Want to go further?
- Enjoy the modern and fashionable ambience of Shanghai in contrast to the rich culture and historical atmosphere of Beijing via a two-hour flight.
- Go to Gubei Water Town Resort for a recreation of an ancient town built in the traditional Chinese courtyard style. You can travel there by car in around 1½ hours.
Want to know a secret?
Make a reservation for Bai Jia Da Yuan Restaurant, you’ll feel like you’ve entered a fairytale. In summer, being able to dine at the stone tables dotted between the lakes, pavilions, rockeries and winding paths is a treat not to be missed!