If you are collecting Ukrainian arrivals, please see information below.
Where do I collect the arrivals from?
The Welcome Point is located inside the arrivals hall and is easily identifiable by Ukrainians when they arrive. However it's not in a publicly accessible area of the airport. The Welcome Point is available daily from 08:00 – 23:00.
What is the purpose of the Welcome Point?
- The purpose of the Welcome Point is to provide any immediate practical support to help arrivals with their onward journey including:
- Welfare provisions, especially for young children (including nappies and baby milk)
- Guidance documents and information leaflets welcoming them to the UK
- Refreshments, with support of on-site retailers including Costa Coffee
- Availability of phone chargers and Wi-Fi
- The desk hold a small number of SIM cards for emergency use. SIM cards can be purchased in the on-site WH Smiths but sponsors are advised to approach mobile network providers, most of whom are offering Ukrainians free SIM cards, data and calls to the Ukraine
Car park pick-ups/parking for anyone collecting Ukrainian refugees from Birmingham Airport
For exit out of the Premium Set Down car park in front of the terminal building, please email [email protected] (a minimum of 72 hours prior to your planned arrival at the airport) and confirm the following information:
- Date of pick up
- Arrival flight number
- Original destination
- Scheduled arrival time
- Number of vehicles
- Registration(s) and vehicle model(s)
- Customer name
This information will enable you to exit the Premium Set Down car park using the intercom at the barrier and speaking to a car park operative who will open this.
We ask that you read our privacy notice which explains your legal rights and how we will use your personal data.