Important Covid-19 Update:
The UK Government has announced temporary changes to travel requirements into the UK from 4am on Tuesday 30th November 2021. From this date you must:
- Take a PCR test by day two after arriving into England, despite your Covid vaccine status.
- You can book and arrange to have your PCR test taken Birmingham Airport on arrival or by day two. Lateral flow tests are not accepted.
- You can receive your result back by 10pm the day after testing.
- You must self-isolate until you receive your negative results. Once you receive a negative test you can leave isolation. (Visit here to get details what to do if your result is positive)
- You must fill out a Passenger Locator Form before arriving into England.
Currently, we understand these rules will be on temporary basis in response to the new Omicron variant and we will update this site once the UK Government has provided more details on how long these measures will be in place.
Red list update:
Angola, Malawi, Mozambique and Zambia were added to the UK red list at 4am Sunday 28 November.
South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Namibia and Zimbabwe were added to the UK red list at 12.00 midday Friday 26 November.
For full details, please visit Red list of countries and territories - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Information for travelling from England:
Before you travel from England, you need to:
- Check foreign travel advice for all countries you will visit or travel through.
- Arrange any COVID-19 tests you will need to take to enter those countries.
- Find out how you can use the NHS COVID Pass to demonstrate your vaccination status abroad.
- To check the COVID-19 travel requirements in the country you’re travelling to, check our Travel Made Easy Page