Latest Covid-19 guidance for passengers
Changes to rules for travel testing.
Before you travel from England all passengers should:
- Check foreign travel advice for all countries you will visit or travel through.
- Arrange any COVID-19 tests you will need to take to enter those countries.
- Find out how you can use the NHS COVID Pass to demonstrate your vaccination status abroad.
- To check the COVID-19 travel requirements in the country you’re travelling to, check our Travel Made Easy Page
Before you travel to England passengers should:
- From 4am Friday 7 January you will no longer need to take a pre-departure test before returning to England.
- You must book and pay for a COVID-19 PCR test – to be taken before the end of day 2 after you arrive in England.
- From 4am Sunday 9 January you can choose to take a lateral flow test instead of a PCR test after you arrive in England. If your lateral flow test returns positive, you will need to self-isolate and take a free confirmatory PCR test.
- Complete a passenger locator form – to be completed in the 48 hours before you arrive in England.
Not fully vaccinated - you must continue to
- Take a pre-departure COVID-19 test – to be taken in the 2 days before you travel to England.
- Self isolate for 10 days (depending on the following test results)
- Book and pay for day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 PCR tests – to be taken before day 2 after arrival in England
- If your day 2 test is negative, you must continue to isolate.
- You must take your day 8 test on or after day 8.
- Complete a passenger locator form – to be completed in the 48 hours before you arrive in England
Full Government guidance can be found here Travel to England from another country during coronavirus (COVID-19) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Updated face covering guidance
Passengers and staff are required to wear a face covering in the terminal and on airport buses. Therefore, it is mandatory to wear face coverings at check-in, when going through security, in the departures lounge, at the gate to board your aircraft, onboard your aircraft, on all airport buses, during the arrivals process – including immigration, baggage reclaim and on our car park buses. Please see here for more details.
- Children/people with disabilities including hidden disabilities may be exempt. Please see here for more details.
- In all other indoor spaces, the airport strongly recommends the wearing of face coverings.
It is mandatory on many airlines to wear a face covering, so passengers are advised to check this with their carrier before flying.
HS2 Works Notification: Drivers visiting Birmingham Airport should be aware of winter road closures due to the construction of HS2
Drivers visiting Birmingham Airport in the next few months should be aware of road closures related to the development of HS2.
- Overnight road closures on a section of the A452 Chester Road, both carriageways will be closed from 8pm to 6am from Monday 10 January 2022 to Wednesday 19 January 2022. Please see the following works notice: Notice of Works Template (hs2.org.uk).
- Closure of A45 service road and East Way, weekdays from Tuesday, 4 January until Friday, 21st January between 09.30 am and 3.30 pm. Please see the following works notice: HS2-Works-Notification-Notice-of-A45-service-road-and-East-Way-closure-December-2021.pdf