Latest Covid-19 guidance for passengers
Important Covid-19 Update:
From 4am, Tuesday 7 December all people aged 12 years and over must take a PCR or LFD COVID-19 test before they travel to England from abroad.
You must take the test within the 2 days before you travel to England.
This will apply whether you qualify as fully vaccinated or not. Find out more here.
Red list update:
The following countries are on the Government's red list:
Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe
For full details, please visit Red list of countries and territories - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Information for travelling from England:
Before you travel from England, you need to:
- Check foreign travel advice for all countries you will visit or travel through.
- Arrange any COVID-19 tests you will need to take to enter those countries.
- Find out how you can use the NHS COVID Pass to demonstrate your vaccination status abroad.
- To check the COVID-19 travel requirements in the country you’re travelling to, check our Travel Made Easy Page
Updated face covering guidance
Passengers and staff are required to wear a face covering in the terminal and on airport buses. Therefore, it is mandatory to wear face coverings at check-in, when going through security, in the departures lounge, at the gate to board your aircraft, onboard your aircraft, on all airport buses, during the arrivals process – including immigration, baggage reclaim and on our car park buses. Please see here for more details.
- Children/people with disabilities including hidden disabilities may be exempt. Please see here for more details.
- In all other indoor spaces, the airport strongly recommends the wearing of face coverings.
It is mandatory on many airlines to wear a face covering, so passengers are advised to check this with their carrier before flying.