Passenger Numbers Continue to Grow in March

Birmingham Airport handled over 600,000 passengers during the month of March, a 4.5% increase compared to the same period last year and a positive end to the winter flying season. 

Latest figures reveal 654,683 travellers passed through the airport in March, a month which also experienced a 13% increase in passengers flying on long-haul services from Birmingham. 

Scheduled routes that saw the biggest increase last month include Gibraltar (+182.1%), Fuerteventura (+95.3), Stuttgart (+78.6%) and Arrecife (+75.3). Charter services to Turkey (+273.6) and Barbados (+83%) also experienced significant growth. 


Paul Kehoe, Birmingham Airport’s CEO, said: “March has been another great month for us and continues the upward trend that we have seen in recent months, where more and more passengers are choosing to fly from Birmingham. 

“These passenger figures mean we enter the summer season in a good position and hope to build on this success. The completion of the runway extension and the introduction of nine new routes to Florence, Cologne, Porto, Toulouse, Alicante, Palma Mallorca, Bordeaux, Ibiza and Reykjavik with Flybe in particular, show there are exciting times ahead for Birmingham Airport.” 

Scheduled traffic in March accounted for 89.1% of all traffic, with charter flights making up the remaining 10.9%.

Renew or change your cookie consent
Cookie settings
Book Flights Book Parking Order Currency Book Taxi