Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has today announced a massively expanded winter flights and holidays programme from Birmingham Airport for next year, with over 450,000 seats on sale to 20 winter sun, city and ski destinations for Winter 18/19.
The leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist is building on its growth and success at its new base by announcing an exciting Winter 18/19 programme, which includes a BRAND NEW winter route to the Turkish sunshine (Antalya). In addition to this, the company is responding to increased demand at the airport by putting on more flights and extended season lengths to popular sun, city and ski destinations, giving holidaymakers more choice and flexibility than ever.
All of this means there are over 450,000 seats on sale for Winter 18/19, representing a 14% capacity increase for what is the company’s second winter programme from Birmingham Airport.
Key highlights include:
- Introduction of first ever winter service to Antalya with weekly services operating every Friday until January and recommencing in February
- Significant expansion of Winter programme to Canary Islands with more services to Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote and Tenerife meaning more than 150,000 seats to the Canaries are on sale for next winter
- More flights and holidays to bestselling destinations of Alicante, Faro and Malaga on the back of recent increased demand
- Expansion of Cyprus (Paphos) means weekly Sunday services now operate all year-round
- More services to Madeira, meaning up to two weekly services on Mondays and Fridays
- Expansion of Malta programme meaning weekly Monday services
- More seats to Rome, with up to two weekly services
- Expansion of ski programme with more capacity to Salzburg and Grenoble, in addition to Geneva and Turin services
This announcement is part of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ biggest ever winter flights and holidays programme, with over 3.5 million seats going on sale today.
The programme means that the company is offering its biggest ever winter range, and with everything wrapped up in one package, holidaymakers from Birmingham and beyond have access to great value package breaks across thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with Jet2.com flights, industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included, through a £60 per person deposit. Offering full ATOL protection, Jet2holidays also includes free child places on all holidays as well as 0% credit and debit card fees.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays,said: “The announcement of this hugely expanded winter programme out of Birmingham Airport shows the confidence that we have in our award-winning airline and package holiday offering from our new base. We have more seats and holidays on sale to a range of fantastic sun, city and ski destinations meaning that our expanded Winter 18/19 programme has something for everyone. With holidaymakers continuing to look to get away on their well-deserved holidays, particularly during the long winter, we are stepping in to meet demand by putting on more seats to provide more choice and flexibility than ever.”
William Pearson, Aviation Director of Birmingham Airport commented: “Since only starting in March this year Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has grown the number of seats and destinations that it offers from Birmingham Airport. With the choice of ski and sun holidays and now the addition of the new Turkish route to Antalya for Winter 18/19, passengers can now plan their travel in advance from their local airport.”