Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has today announced a ‘hol lot more sun’ for Summer 19 from Birmingham Airport. With flights and holidays going on sale today, including four brand new destinations, this marks another hugely expanded summer programme from the base and there is even more news coming soon!
On the back of a bumper Summer 18 programme, there is more substantial growth in response to demand for Summer 19. The addition of 370,000 seats means that over 1.6 million seats are going on sale, a capacity increase of 30% on last summer and over 160% on Summer 17! This hugely expanded programme also means additional Boeing 737-800 aircraft coming into the fleet at Birmingham Airport, taking the number of based aircraft to 11 during the peak school holiday season. On the back of this growth, even more new jobs will be created in Cabin Crew, Flight Deck and Ground Operations positions at the base.
The leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist will fly to 41 sun and city destinations in Summer 19, including four brand new destinations:
- Kefalonia – weekly services between May and September to this picture-book island paradise, which features rugged mountains, lush vineyards and golden beaches.
- Pula (Croatia) – weekly Sunday services between May and September to the Adriatic Coast, where resorts are built for fun and sun, but are also packed with ancient treasures waiting to be discovered.
- Verona – weekly Saturday services between May and October, meaning fabulous city break options to this picturesque and romantic city, as well as stunning holidays in the Lake Garda area.
- Bergerac – services every Saturday add even more choice for local holidaymakers, providing direct access to the famous Dordogne region of south-west France.
In addition,holidaymakers can look forward to more flights and holidays to some of their favourite destinations such as the Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Mainland Spain, the Algarve, Greece, Cyprus and Turkey. The additional flights and holidays are as follows:
- Canary Islands – more services to Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote mean a total of 22 weekly services
- Alicante – increased to 13 services per week
- Malaga – increase to 12 weekly services, up from nine in Summer 18
- Faro – increased number of services, meaning up to 15 flights every week instead of 11
- Majorca – increased number of services means up to 19 flights every week during peak season
- Ibiza – addition of a second Sunday service means up to eight flights every week
- Madeira – doubled frequency meaning two services every week
- Antalya – number of weekly services increased from three to five
- Crete – increased frequency means five services a week, plus longer season
- Rhodes - increased to three weekly services, with the addition of weekend flights
- Larnaca –addition of a third weekly service plus extended seasons means more capacity
- Paphos – addition of a fourth weekly service means seven weekly flights to Cyprus (including Larnaca)
- Prague – season extended right throughout the summer, with two weekly services.
Today’s announcement comes in response to continued demand for great value package holidays from local holidaymakers. With more destinations, services and frequencies, they are spoilt for choice when it comes to where and when they would like to getaway, with more flexible durations available.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “We are putting our biggest ever summer programme on sale from Birmingham Airport, with four brand new destinations and over 1.6 million seats going on sale for Summer 19, our third summer at Birmingham. The addition of more Boeing 737-800 aircraft represents another huge investment in our base here, and gives local holidaymakers even more choice and flexibility with our award winning airline and tour operator. Yet another summer of huge growth here at Birmingham Airport is only possible thanks to our loyal customers, and it shows that our hard work in offering them great value package holidays and family friendly flights is working. We’re not done yet, so keep an eye out for even more great Summer 19 news from your local airport!”
Tom Screen, Acting Aviation Director at Birmingham Airport, said: “Jet2.com and Jet2 holidays are both very popular family friendly brands that have established themselves well within the Midlands travel market over the last two years. This extra capacity means that Jet2.com will be our third largest carrier in 2019 and we thank the team for its continued commitment in Birmingham.
“We welcome the addition of four new summer sun destinations for 2019, giving more choice to our leisure passengers looking to visit the Mediterranean. It shows capacity is continuing to grow year on year from Birmingham with Jet2.com and Jet2 holidays which continues to create great job opportunities.”
Last month, the award-winning airline Jet2.com celebrated 15 years of flying, and package holiday specialist Jet2holidays recently celebrated both its 10th anniversary and becoming the UK’s second largest tour operator. The company continues to win a number of awards for its VIP customer service, and recently expanded its Free Resort Flight Check-In service to Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura, meaning customers in nine destinations and 250 hotels can now securely drop their bags off on the last day of their holiday, making their flight home quicker, easier and more convenient.