Jet2.com Announces Innsbruck as Brand New Ski Destination from Birmingham Airport for Winter 19/20
- Flights to the Tyrolean capital now on sale from Birmingham Airport this winter
- More seats on sale to the snow for Winter 19/20, including during the February school holidays
- Five ski destinations gives skiers and snowboarders great choice and flexibility
- Over 55,000 ski seats on sale for Winter 19/20 from Birmingham Airport
1st August 2019: Jet2.com is giving skiers and snowboarders even more choice when it comes to sloping off to the snow from Birmingham Airport this winter, with the launch of brand new Innsbruck as part of its expanded ski programme.
The UK’s Best Airline* has put a weekly Saturday service on sale today to the Tyrolean capital, host of the 1964 and 1976 Winter Olympics, from Birmingham – meaning the company will operate to FIVE ski destinations this coming winter.
The announcement comes as Jet2.com expands its ski programme for Winter 19/20 from Birmingham Airport, with more flights to the snow going on sale, particularly during key periods such as the February school holidays. Skiers and snowboarders have even more choice and flexibility, with over 55,000 ski seats on sale for Winter 19/20 from Birmingham Airport.
In total, there are five ski destinations on sale: BRAND NEW Innsbruck, as well as Geneva, Grenoble, Salzburg and Turin, providing direct access to the French, Austrian, Swiss and Italian Alps.
To meet increased demand during the February school holidays, more flights have also been added to Salzburg, and the company has added a second Saturday service to Geneva from early February until the end of March.
Jet2.com’s ski programme from Birmingham Airport for Winter 19/20 is as follows:
- BRAND NEW INNSBRUCK! weekly Saturday service from 21st December until 11th April to the capital city of the Tyrol region. Innsbruck hosted the 1964 and 1976 Winter Olympics and is surrounded by the mountains of the Karwendel Alps, Patscherkofel and Serles which seem to engulf you on all sides. The city provides access to fantastic ski resorts such as Nordkette, Mutteralm, Axamer, Obergugl, Igls and Seefeld, giving skiers and snowboarders of all abilities plenty of choice.
- Geneva – up to four weekly services including double daily services on Saturdays from early February through to the end of March, giving great choice and flexibility. Gateway to the Swiss and French Alps, Geneva opens up some of the very best ski resorts such as Tignes, Flaine, Verbier, Zermatt and the Three Valleys.
- Salzburg: Weekly Saturday service from 21st December until mid-April, with an extra service during the February school holidays. Flights to Salzburg open up the Austrian Alps and over 300 resorts including Kaprun, Mayrhofen and Obertauern.
- Grenoble – weekly service every Saturday and Sunday from 21st December through to mid-April. The host of the 1968 Winter Olympics, Grenoble offers the perfect gateway to the French Alps, with over 175 incredible ski resorts nearby including Morzine, Chamonix, Chamrousse, Les Deux Alpes, Alpe d’Huez and Avoriaz.
- Turin: Weekly Saturday and Sunday services from 21st December through to mid April. The legacy of Turin’s 2006 Winter Olympics means that skiers can enjoy speedy transfers to well-established skiing resorts such as Pila, Vars, Le Corbier and Vald’Isere. With 400km of piste at the Milky Way area alongside the stunning mountainous backdrop of the Monterosa network, there is plenty to go at.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “We enjoyed another successful ski programme from Birmingham Airport last winter, and with skiers and snowboarders already looking ahead to Winter 19/20 so are we. With a brand new ski destination in Innsbruck, and more perfectly timed flights at the most popular times, we are putting on our best-ever ski programme. With more choice and flexibility, skiers and snowboarders can hit the slopes for a weekend, a short break or for longer, whilst flying with our award-winning airline and benefitting from 22kg of baggage and ski allowance.”
Tom Screen, Aviation Director at Birmingham Airport, said: “Jet2.com in Birmingham is going from strength to strength and we welcome the announcement of another new route with the airline to Innsbruck, starting in December. I’m sure this will be welcomed by many thrill seekers looking to hit the slopes this winter, and we thank Jet2.com for continuing to invest in Birmingham to provide the connectivity to popular leisure destinations for our region.”
See www.Jet2.com/ski for more.