Jet2.com and Jet2holidays adds more flights and holidays from Birmingham Airport in response to increased demand
- Jet2.com and Jet2holidays adds more capacity between October and March in direct response to demand for flights and holidays from local holidaymakers
- Almost 40,000 departing seats to destinations including the Canaries, Turkey, Greece and the Balearics are ON SALE NOW
30th September 2019: Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has responded to the extra demand from local holidaymakers by adding thousands of seats and holidays to Winter Sun destinations from Birmingham Airport, including the Canaries, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus and the Balearics.
The leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist has added over 40,000 departing seats between October and March from Birmingham Airport, with a major focus on October and the school holidays, and they are on sale now!
The extra flights at Birmingham Airport are part of a wider expansion, which is being announced today, as the UK’s third largest airline and second largest UK tour operator adds over 170,000 departing seats between October and March from across its UK bases, in direct response to demand for flights and holidays.
The extra capacity from Birmingham Airport includes:
- Over 20,000 additional seats on sale departing to the Canary Islands with the UK’s leading operator to the Canaries. This includes extra flying to Tenerife, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura from October through to March, alongside additional flights to Gran Canaria in October.
- Additional flying to Turkey meaning extra capacity to both Antalya and Dalaman.
- Additional capacity to four destinations in Greece for October, with more flights and seats to Corfu, Crete (Heraklion), Kos and Rhodes.
- Additional flights on sale to a number of other Winter Sun favourites including Majorca (Palma), Cyprus (Larnaca) and Menorca.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “We are continuing to see unprecedented demand for our award-winning flights and ATOL protected package holidays from Birmingham Airport, and this latest expansion yet again underlines our commitment to local holidaymakers. The extra capacity that we are putting on sale today provides local holidaymakers with even more choice and flexibility when it comes to getting away to the sunshine this winter.”
Nick Barton, CEO, Birmingham Airport, added, “We are pleased to see Jet2.com and Jet2holidays adding extra capacity from Birmingham this winter to some of our top sunshine destinations. This extra capacity, together with its recent ski programme, will give customers a wide choice of destinations at friendly low fares.”