Jet2.com and Jet2holidays boosts Summer 20 programme from Birmingham Airport with latest expansion
- Further expansion means Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has almost 2.2 MILLION seats on sale for Summer 20 – over HALF A MILLION more than last year, a 32% capacity increase
- Fourth additional aircraft announced today, meaning 14 based aircraft at Birmingham Airport this summer
- TEN OUT OF TAN! TEN BRAND NEW SUMMER destinations to choose from means an incredible 50 hotspots on sale from Birmingham Airport this Summer!
8th January 2020: Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has announced details of its latest expansion at Birmingham Airport, meaning that the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist now has over 2.2 MILLION seats on sale for Summer 20, giving local holidaymakers more choice and flexibility than ever before.
In response to the continued demand for its award-winning flights and holidays, the company has introduced TEN BRAND NEW destinations for Summer 20 and is announcing a fourth additional aircraft into its fleet from mid-July, meaning it will have 14 based aircraft at Birmingham Airport this summer.
This fleet will support a hugely expanded operation, with almost 2.2 million seats now on sale – over half a million more seats than last summer - which represents a capacity increase of 32%.
As well as supporting this expansion, the additional aircraft means that the UK’s second largest tour operator can offer flexible duration holidays to even more customers. Jet2holidays pioneered this concept to UK holidaymakers over ten years ago in response to the increasing number of people looking for a holiday outside of the traditional 7- or 14-night period. Through Jet2holidays, customers have complete control of the duration of their holiday, in line with their budget and requirements.
Today’s announcement means that Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is also adding more flights to popular destinations across Greece, Turkey and Spain during the peak summer season. The extra flying announced today is as follows:
- Skiathos – a brand new destination for Summer 20, the addition of a new Saturday service means two services every week and more flexibility for customers.
- Corfu – new Monday and Thursday services means up to six services every week.
- Kos – introduction of a Thursday service means up to four services every week.
- Rhodes – now up to six weekly services thanks to the addition of new Wednesday and Saturday flights.
- Zante – a new Wednesday service means customers can choose from up to five weekly services.
- Bodrum – a new Friday service means up to three services every week.
- Dalaman – even more choice and flexibility thanks to the addition of a new Tuesday service, meaning up to nine weekly services.
- Fuerteventura – a new Tuesday service means up to five services every week.
- Ibiza – up to nine weekly services thanks to the addition of Friday and Sunday services.
In recent months, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has made a number of exciting announcements regarding its Summer 20 programme from Birmingham Airport, including ten brand new destinations, four of which are in Greece. These new destinations are Skiathos, Preveza, Kefalonia, Santorini, Murcia, Barcelona, Lisbon, Budapest, Nice and Innsbruck.
This is on top of significant expansion to many popular sunspots such as the Canaries, Balearics, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Croatia, Italy, France and Malta.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “This hugely expanded programme has come in response to the continued demand for our award-winning flights and holidays from customers in Birmingham and across the West Midlands. Over half a million extra seats, four additional aircraft, and ten brand new destinations represents significant growth at Birmingham Airport, and we are delighted to be offering holidaymakers so much choice and flexibility. With so much to choose from, alongside all the benefits that make customers choose us time and time again, we are looking forward to an exciting summer filling our aircraft with happy holidaymakers.”
Tom Screen, Aviation Director, Birmingham Airport said: “Over half a million extra seats for summer 2020 from Birmingham Airport to popular sunshine destinations with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is fabulous news for our customers. This is a key booking time for holidaymakers, so to have this extra capacity on destinations ensures that our customers have both choice and flexibility when booking their holidays. Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is a trusted brand and we are delighted that they are expanding and growing with additional aircraft and routes from Birmingham Airport.”