Demand sees jet2.com and jet2holidays expand summer 22 programme from Birmingham airport, with more destinations and hundreds of flights added
- Summer 22 programme expanded just weeks after launch, in response to demand
- Thousands of additional seats on sale to a range of summer hotspots giving customers even more choice and flexibility
- TWO BRAND NEW DESTINATIONS – PARIS AND LA ROCHELLE – added to line up alongside a host of city break destinations
- Expansion means a choice of 52 sun and city destinations on sale from Birmingham Airport for Summer 22
Just two weeks after launching an exciting Summer 22 programme from Birmingham Airport, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has put on over 400 additional flights to a wide range of popular hotspots in response to demand for Summer 22 holidays.
On top of this, the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist has also added eight fantastic city break destinations for local holidaymakers to enjoy in Summer 22. This includes BRAND NEW PARIS, as well as Amsterdam, Barcelona, Budapest, Rome, Krakow, Prague and Venice. The good new doesn’t stop there, as the company has also announced a second BRAND NEW DESTINATION in France for Summer 22 – LA ROCHELLE. This comes on the back of recently-launched Lisbon, another new destination from Birmingham Airport.
As a result of this expansion, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays now has 52 sun and city destinations on sale from Birmingham Airport for Summer 22.
Since announcing its Summer 22 programme just two weeks ago, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has seen strong demand from customers looking to get away for some much-needed sunshine. The company has been quick to respond to this and has today announced additional flights, representing thousands of additional seats to a huge choice of destinations (24 destinations in total): Tenerife, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Malaga, Alicante, Reus, Palma (Majorca), Ibiza, Menorca, Faro, Madeira, Antalya, Bodrum, Dalaman, Corfu, Halkidiki, Kefalonia, Kos, Preveza, Rhodes, Paphos, Malta, Dubrovnik and Jersey.
This represents over 400 additional flights in total, giving customers fantastic choice when it comes to reaching their favourite summer destinations. (A full breakdown is provided below.)
In addition to this, eight city break destinations have been added to the company’s Summer 22 programme, giving customers the chance to explore the best European cities in BRAND NEW PARIS, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Budapest, Rome, Krakow, Prague and Venice. Customers can choose a flight-only with Jet2.com or a package option with Jet2CityBreaks available for a low £60 per person deposit. Package options with Jet2CityBreaks include flights with Jet2.com including 22kg free hold luggage and 10kg of free cabin baggage, transfers to and from the airport, as well as a choice of hotels in the best locations.
To cap off the good news for local holidaymakers, the company is also announcing a second BRAND NEW destination in France for Summer 22, with the launch of flights to the picturesque harbour port of LA ROCHELLE. Lined with seafood restaurants, the city is becoming increasingly popular with holidaymakers and boating enthusiasts. With a well-preserved walled old town at the heart of the city, La Rochelle also provides access via bridge to Il de Re, an Atlantic-coast island of dunes and pine forest - a relaxed destination with beautiful villages, long golden beaches and rural cycle paths.
On the back of this expansion, key highlights from Birmingham Airport for Summer 22 with Jet2.com, Jet2holidays and Jet2CityBreaks includes:
City Break destinations
- BRAND NEW PARIS - two weekly services operating from 30th June until 27th
- Amsterdam - two weekly services operating from 29th April until 28th
- Barcelona - two weekly services operating from 27th March until 27th
- Budapest - two weekly services operating from 29th April until 28th
- Rome – up to four weekly services operating from 28th April until 28th
- Krakow - two weekly services operating from 29th April until 28th
- Prague – two weekly services operating from 29th April until 28th
- Venice - two weekly services operating from 28th April until 23rd
- BRAND NEW LA ROCHELLE – weekly services operating from 28th May until 17th
- Turkey – over 25 weekly services to four Turkish hotspots. This includes Antalya (up to ten weekly services), Bodrum (up to four weekly services), Dalaman (up to 11 weekly services) and Izmir (up to two weekly services).
- Canary Islands – huge choice with the UK’s leading operator to the Canaries, meaning over 30 weekly services in total. This includes up to 13 weekly services to Tenerife, up to nine weekly services to Lanzarote, and up to five weekly services to both Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria, offering unrivalled choice.
- Mainland Spain – including Barcelona, there are almost 30 weekly services during peak periods, with six destinations in Mainland Spain to choose from. This includes Reus (up to three weekly services), Alicante (up to ten weekly services), Malaga (up to ten weekly services), Girona (up to two weekly services) and Costa de Almeria (up to two weekly services).
- Balearic Islands – great choice and flexibility to Palma (Majorca) (up to 17 weekly services), Ibiza (up to ten weekly services) and Menorca (up to five weekly services).
- Portugal - plenty of choice with up to 11 weekly services to Faro (Algarve) and weekly services to the Portuguese island of Madeira. This is in addition to BRAND NEW Lisbon, with twice-weekly services available in Summer 22.
- Greece – fantastic choice of 12 Greek destinations, with over 35 weekly flights operating during peak periods. Customers have plenty of opportunity to enjoy some Greek sunshine, whether that’s in Crete (Heraklion) (up six weekly services), Crete (Chania) (weekly services), Corfu (up to six weekly services), Kefalonia (up to two weekly services), Skiathos (up to twice weekly services), Santorini (up to two weekly services), Kos (up to four weekly services), Kalamata (weekly services), Preveza (up to two weekly services), Rhodes (up to six weekly services), Halkidiki (weekly services) or Zante (up to five weekly services).
- Cyprus - continued popularity means up to five weekly services to Larnaca and Paphos.
- Italy – up to two weekly services to Naples, Pisa and
- Bourgas (Bulgaria) – up to two weekly services operating to the Balkan sunshine.
- Croatia – up to six flights a week to Croatia, including services to Dubrovnik (up to three weekly services), Pula (weekly services) and Split (up to two weekly services).
- Malta – up to two weekly services to Malta operating during Summer 22.
- France – weekly services to
- Jersey – increased to two weekly services, following the recent launch of flights and holidays for Summer 21.
As well as booking and travelling on award-winning flights and ATOL protected package holidays from Birmingham Airport, customers get to experience and enjoy the company’s VIP customer service which has seen Jet2.com and Jet2holidays repeatedly win high-profile accolades such as Which? Recommended Provider and TripAdvisor’s Best Airline – UK and Top 10 Airlines of the World.
This VIP customer service includes friendly flight times, as well as a generous 22kg baggage allowance and 10kg hand luggage allowance through a flight-only booking with Jet2.com, which saw the airline win five accolades at the 2020 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice® Awards for Airlines; or that very same VIP customer service, in-resort Customer Helpers, transfers, free child places and ATOL protection with the UK’s second largest tour operator, Jet2holidays.
The company has continued this customer-first strategy throughout the Coronavirus pandemic, winning praise from customers, consumer organisations, media, and independent travel agents for how it has looked after customers affected by programme changes. This includes Jet2.com and Jet2holidays ranking as the number one and two travel firms for providing refunds, according to a travel refund cancellation survey of more than 77,000 people by MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE). In addition, Jet2.com was recognised as the only UK airline to promptly provide refunds without significant backlogs, following a review by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “We know there is a lot of pent up demand, and since putting our Summer 22 programme on sale we have been very encouraged by the number of bookings coming through from customers and independent travel agents. Customers clearly want their all-important holidays to look forward to, so we have responded quickly by adding thousands of additional seats to a range of brilliant hotspots from Birmingham Airport. We haven’t stopped there, and we are delighted to be adding a host of city break options as well as two brand new destinations in France, Paris and La Rochelle. The response to our Summer 22 programme shows how much customers want to get away with an award-winning airline and tour operator to the sunshine.”
Tom Screen, Aviation Director of Birmingham Airport said: “Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have again listened and reacted to our customers needs. We know many of our customers have missed out on their traditional family and friend getaways and are greatly in need to plan their next holiday. It is great to welcome back a direct service to La Rochelle after a gap of nearly a year, and see extra capacity to Nice from Birmingham. With an amazing 52 places to visit, including the newly added Paris and La Rochelle, direct from Birmingham Airport customers are spoilt for choice for holiday destinations. Customers booking with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays can rest assured that they are booking with a reputable ATOL protected company.”
Independent travel agents can visit: trade.jet2holidays.com