Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks announces BRAND NEW ATHENS from Birmingham for Summer 22
- Further Summer 22 expansion from Birmingham Airport with announcement of BRAND NEW & EXCLUSIVE ATHENS
- Summer 22 programme expanded in response to demand once again – with more flights added to Crete (Chania) and Kefalonia
- 53 sun and city destinations now on sale from Birmingham Airport for Summer 22 – including 13 to Greece, the biggest choice from Birmingham
Less than a week after announcing more destinations and thousands of additional seats on sale in response to demand for Summer 22 holidays, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have today put yet another BRAND NEW DESTINATION on sale from Birmingham Airport - the historic Greek city of ATHENS, which is currently unserved from Birmingham Airport.
This latest expansion means that Jet2.com and Jet2holidays will operate to 53 sun and city destinations from Birmingham Airport in Summer 22 – including 13 destinations in Greece, meaning the company offers the largest number of Greek destinations from Birmingham Airport. The addition of the Greek capital also means the company will operate to four brand new destinations from Birmingham Airport next summer – Athens, Paris, La Rochelle and Lisbon.
From 14th April 2022, the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist will operate flights and city breaks to the Greek capital of Athens – marking the first time that the company has operated to the famous ancient city.
Customers can choose a flight-only with leading leisure airline, Jet2.com, or a package option with Jet2CityBreaks available for a low £60 per person deposit. Package options with Jet2CityBreaks include flights with Jet2.com including 22kg free hold luggage and 10kg of free cabin baggage, transfers to and from the airport, as well as a choice of hotels in the best locations.
Greece’s capital, Athens, is the beating heart of Ancient Greece and holidaymakers can go history hunting, be stunned by world-renowned sights such as the Acropolis, or enjoy the fantastic nightlife. Jet2CityBreaks has a range of 3-5* hotels available in Athens City, in neighbourhoods such as Koukaki, Monastiraki and Plaka. These locations provide easy access to the best sites, whether that be the flea market in Monastiraki, the nightlife in Psiri, the ‘Old Town’ of Plaka, the world-famous Acropolis or Syntagma Square.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is once again putting more flights on sale to a range of popular hotspots for Summer 22 too. Last week the company responded to demand by adding more than 400 additional flights to a wide range of popular hotspots from Birmingham Airport, and the company is acting once again today, adding more flights to a number of destinations in Greece. As well as now having 13 destinations in Greece to choose from thanks to the addition of Athens, local holidaymakers also have even more choice when it comes to flying to Crete (Chania) and Kefalonia thanks to capacity increases.
With the company operating a busy sun and city breaks programme in Summer 22, including flying to Paris, La Rochelle and Lisbon for the first time in summer next year, local holidaymakers are spoiled for choice when it comes to booking their Summer 22 holidays from Birmingham Airport. A full breakdown of what is on sale with Jet2.com, Jet2holidays and Jet2CityBreaks is outlined below.
- BRAND NEW ATHENS – Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks will operate to Athens for the first time in Summer 22, with two weekly services operating from 14th April until 30th October.
- BRAND NEW PARIS - two weekly services operating from 30th June until 27th
- Amsterdam - two weekly services operating from 29th April until 28th
- Barcelona - two weekly services operating from 27th March until 27th
- Budapest - two weekly services operating from 29th April until 28th
- Rome – up to four weekly services operating from 28th April until 28th
- Krakow - two weekly services operating from 29th April until 28th
- Prague – two weekly services operating from 29th April until 28th
- Venice - two weekly services operating from 28th April until 23rd
A range of popular hotspots across Europe, the Canaries and the Mediterranean:
- BRAND NEW LA ROCHELLE – weekly services operating from 28th May until 17th
- Turkey – over 25 weekly services to four Turkish hotspots. This includes Antalya (up to ten weekly services), Bodrum (up to four weekly services), Dalaman (up to 11 weekly services) and Izmir (up to two weekly services).
- Canary Islands – huge choice with the UK’s leading operator to the Canaries, meaning over 30 weekly services in total. This includes up to 13 weekly services to Tenerife, up to nine weekly services to Lanzarote, and up to five weekly services to both Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria, offering unrivalled choice.
- Mainland Spain – including Barcelona, there are almost 30 weekly services during peak periods, with six destinations in Mainland Spain to choose from. This includes Reus (up to three weekly services), Alicante (up to ten weekly services), Malaga (up to ten weekly services), Girona (up to two weekly services) and Costa de Almeria (up to two weekly services).
- Balearic Islands – great choice and flexibility to Palma (Majorca) (up to 17 weekly services), Ibiza (up to ten weekly services) and Menorca (up to five weekly services).
- Portugal - plenty of choice with up to 11 weekly services to Faro (Algarve) and weekly services to the Portuguese island of Madeira. This is in addition to BRAND NEW Lisbon, with twice-weekly services available in Summer 22.
- Greece – fantastic choice of 13 Greek destinations, including brand new Athens, with over 35 weekly flights operating during peak periods. Customers have plenty of opportunity to enjoy some Greek sunshine, whether that’s in Crete (Heraklion) (up six weekly services), Crete (Chania) (two weekly services), Corfu (up to six weekly services), Kefalonia (up to three weekly services), Skiathos (up to twice weekly services), Santorini (up to two weekly services), Kos (up to four weekly services), Kalamata (weekly services), Preveza (up to two weekly services), Rhodes (up to six weekly services), Halkidiki (weekly services) or Zante (up to five weekly services).
- Cyprus - continued popularity means up to five weekly services to Larnaca and Paphos.
- Italy – up to two weekly services to Naples, Pisa and
- Bourgas (Bulgaria) – up to two weekly services operating to the Balkan sunshine.
- Croatia – up to six flights a week to Croatia, including services to Dubrovnik (up to three weekly services), Pula (weekly services) and Split (up to two weekly services).
- Malta – up to two weekly services to Malta operating during Summer 22.
- France – weekly services to
- Jersey – increased to two weekly services, following the recent launch of flights and holidays for Summer 21.
As well as booking and travelling on award-winning flights and ATOL protected package holidays from Birmingham Airport, customers get to experience and enjoy the company’s VIP customer service which has seen Jet2.com and Jet2holidays repeatedly win high-profile accolades such as Which? Recommended Provider and TripAdvisor’s Best Airline – UK and Top 10 Airlines of the World.
This VIP customer service includes friendly flight times, as well as a generous 22kg baggage allowance and 10kg hand luggage allowance through a flight-only booking with Jet2.com, which saw the airline win five accolades at the 2020 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice® Awards for Airlines; or that very same VIP customer service, in-resort Customer Helpers, transfers, free child places and ATOL protection with the UK’s second largest tour operator, Jet2holidays.
The company has continued this customer-first strategy throughout the Coronavirus pandemic, winning praise from customers, consumer organisations, media, and independent travel agents for how it has looked after customers affected by programme changes. This includes Jet2.com and Jet2holidays ranking as the number one and two travel firms for providing refunds, according to a travel refund cancellation survey of more than 77,000 people by MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE). In addition, Jet2.com was recognised as the only UK airline to promptly provide refunds without significant backlogs, following a review by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “Since putting our Summer 22 programme on sale from Birmingham Airport, we have added a significant number of flights and destinations in response to the demand from customers who want to get their all-important holidays booked in. We have built up a tremendous amount of loyalty at Birmingham Airport, and we have done that by looking after our customers, listening to them, and flying them to the places they want to go to. We know that Athens is a destination that customers want to get to, so we are very pleased to be adding it to our exciting Summer 22 programme, meaning we offer more Greek destinations than anyone from Birmingham Airport. It also means that we now have 53 sun and city destinations on sale next summer from Birmingham Airport, giving customers huge choice and flexibility when it comes to booking their holidays with our award-winning airline and tour operator.”
Tom Screen, Aviation Director of Birmingham Airport commented: “Athens is a route that is currently unserved direct from Birmingham Airport so we are delighted that Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have added this destination to their portfolio of routes for Summer 2022. Athens, the capital of Greece, is steeped in history with ancient monuments for all to explore, after a day of exploring take time to unwind with some traditional Greek hospitality at the local taverners. Athens is also a great starting point for those who wish to explore the adjoining Greek Islands, lending itself to the start of an island-hopping adventure with easy access from the mainland.
“Customers can also book knowing they will receive the excellent customer service that Jet2.com and Jet2holidays continually offers and also with the reassurance that Jet2holidays is ATOL protected.”
Independent travel agents can visit: trade.jet2holidays.com