- Early release of exciting Summer 22 programme means customers and independent travel agents can book earlier than ever
- Fantastic choice of 42 sun destinations on sale from Birmingham Airport for Summer 22 – with more good news coming soon!
- Great choice and flexibility to the most popular summer hotspots!
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have today launched an exciting Summer 22 programme from Birmingham Airport, giving customers and independent travel agents the chance to book earlier than ever before.
In response to demand from customers looking to get some much-needed sunshine booked into their diaries, the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist has put a fantastic choice of sunshine favourites on sale for Summer 22 from Birmingham Airport.
The exciting programme includes a bumper choice of flights and holidays with 42 sunny hotspots on sale from the base for Summer 22. This means customers in the Midlands have fantastic choice and flexibility when it comes to reaching their favourite summer destinations such as the Canaries, Balearics, Spain, Greece, Turkey and Portugal. What’s more, the company will be making further Summer 22 announcements over the coming weeks, giving local holidaymakers even more to look forward to.
Key highlights from Birmingham Airport for Summer 22 with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays includes:
- Over 175 departing weekly flights during peak periods.
- Turkey – over 20 weekly services to four Turkish hotspots. This includes Antalya (up to nine weekly services), Bodrum (up to four weekly services), Dalaman (up to ten weekly services) and Izmir (up to two weekly services).
- Canary Islands – huge choice with the UK’s leading operator to the Canaries, meaning up to 30 weekly services in total. This includes up to 12 weekly services to Tenerife, up to eight weekly services to Lanzarote and up to five weekly services to Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria, offering unrivalled choice.
- Mainland Spain – over 20 weekly services during peak periods, with five destinations in Mainland Spain to choose from. This includes Reus (up to three weekly services), Alicante (up to seven weekly services), Malaga (up to nine weekly services), Girona (up to two weekly services) and Costa de Almeria (up to twice weekly services).
- Balearic Islands – great choice and flexibility to Palma (Majorca) (up to 16 weekly services), Ibiza (up to eight weekly services) and Menorca (up to five weekly services).
- Portugal - plenty of choice with up to ten weekly services to Faro (Algarve) and weekly services to the Portuguese island of Madeira.
- Greece – fantastic choice of 12 Greek destinations, with over 30 weekly flights operating during peak periods. Customers have plenty of opportunity to enjoy some Greek sunshine, whether that’s in Crete (Heraklion) (up six weekly services), Crete (Chania) (weekly services), Corfu (up to five weekly services), Kefalonia (weekly services), Skiathos (up to twice weekly services), Santorini (up to twice weekly services), Kos (up to three weekly services), Kalamata (weekly-services), Preveza (weekly-services), Rhodes (up to five weekly services), Halkidiki (weekly services) or Zante (up to five weekly services).
- Cyprus - continued popularity means up to five weekly services to Larnaca and up to four weekly services to Paphos.
- Italy – up to two weekly services to Naples, Pisa and
- Bourgas (Bulgaria) – up to two weekly services operating to the Balkan sunshine.
- Croatia – up to six flights a week to Croatia, including services to Dubrovnik (up to three weekly services), Pula (weekly services) and Split (up to two weekly services).
- Malta – weekly services to Malta operating during Summer 22.
- France – weekly services to
- Jersey – weekly services to the largest of the Channel Islands for Summer 22, following the recent launch of flights and holidays for Summer 21.
As well as booking and travelling on award-winning flights and ATOL protected package holidays from Birmingham Airport, customers get to experience and enjoy the company’s VIP customer service which has seen Jet2.com and Jet2holidays repeatedly win high-profile accolades such as Which? Recommended Provider and TripAdvisor’s Best Airline – UK and Top 10 Airlines of the World.
This VIP customer service includes friendly flight times and a generous 22kg baggage allowance through a flight-only booking with Jet2.com, which saw the airline win five accolades at the 2020 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice® Awards for Airlines; or that very same VIP customer service, in-resort Customer Helpers, transfers, free child places and ATOL protection with the UK’s second largest tour operator, Jet2holidays.
The company has continued this customer-first strategy throughout the Coronavirus pandemic, winning praise from customers, consumer organisations, media, and independent travel agents for how it has looked after customers affected by programme changes. This includes Jet2.com ranking as the number one travel firm for providing refunds, according to a travel refund cancellation survey of more than 77,000 people by MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE). In addition, Jet2.com was recognised as the only UK airline to promptly provide refunds without significant backlogs, following a review by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “After much uncertainty, the positive news about a vaccine coupled with a real desire to get away, means we are seeing strong demand from holidaymakers wanting to plan and book future holidays. As always, we respond to what our customers are telling us, so we have put Summer 22 on sale from Birmingham Airport, meaning we’re on sale with our summer programme earlier than ever before. With 42 sunshine favourites on sale, the scale of the programme means there is plenty of choice and flexibility for customers and independent travel agents to choose from with our award-winning airline and tour operator. With more good news around the corner, we’re sure that our Summer 22 programme will be a huge hit with local holidaymakers looking to secure a much-needed holiday and give themselves something to look forward to.”
Tom Screen, Aviation Director of Birmingham Airport commented: “It is great news that our customers have the chance to plan ahead for Summer 2022. 2020 was a turbulent year for many, however Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, by offering the choice of bookings holidays in advance, ensures that our customers have something to look forward to. The range of flights and holidays means that there is something for everyone and by booking with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, customers can be reassured that they are booking with a respected travel company with excellent customer service."
Independent travel agents can visit: trade.jet2holidays.com