Grab a piste of the action as Jet2.com ski flights return from Birmingham Airport for Winter 21/22
- Hit the slopes once again, as popular flights to seven top ski destinations are now on sale for Winter 21/22 from Birmingham Airport
- Chambery added to the line-up for Winter 21/22 on top of Geneva, Grenoble, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Turin and Barcelona (Andorra)
18th March 2021: Jet2.com has added Chambery to its line-up of ski destinations, as the leading leisure airline’s popular programme of ski flights to Switzerland, Austria, France, Italy and the Pyrenees make a welcome return for Winter 21/22 from Birmingham Airport.
Jet2.com has put its programme of ski flights for Winter 21/22 on sale from Birmingham Airport, giving skiers and snowboarders in the West Midlands access to the best slopes in Europe. After a year away from the slopes, flights are expected to sell quickly as skiers head back to some of Europe’s best and most popular ski destinations.
The addition of Chambery means Jet2.com will operate ski flights to SEVEN destinations this coming winter, with skiers also able to enjoy the best slopes in Geneva, Grenoble, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Turin and Barcelona (Andorra).
Widening customer choice from Birmingham Airport, the new weekly Saturday services to Chambery will operate from mid-December to mid-April.
Chambery offers quick and easy access to world-famous ski resorts in France, including the Three Valleys. The popular ski areas of the Alpe d’Huez, Chamonix, La Plagne and Val d'Isère are easily accessible from Chambery, providing memorable skiing whether you are a beginner or an expert.
Jet2.com’s full ski programme from Birmingham Airport, in addition to Chambery, for Winter 21/22 is as follows:
- Geneva – four-weekly services (Thursday, two Saturday and Sunday) offers ski enthusiasts some of the very best ski resorts including Tignes, Flaine, Verbier, Zermatt and the Three Valleys.
- Salzburg – opening up the best of the Austrian Alps and over 300 resorts including Kaprun, Mayrhofen and Obertauern to skiers with weekly Saturday services available from Birmingham Airport.
- Grenoble – the host of the 1968 Winter Olympics, Grenoble offers the perfect gateway to the French Alps, with over 175 incredible ski resorts nearby including Morzine, Chamonix, Chamrousse, Les Deux Alpes, Alpe d’Huez and Avoriaz. Twice-weekly services available on a Saturday and Sunday.
- Turin - the legacy of Turin’s 2006 Winter Olympics means that skiers can enjoy speedy transfers to well-established skiing resorts such as Pila, Vars, Le Corbier and Val d’Isere. With 400km of piste at the Milky Way area alongside the stunning mountainous backdrop of the Monterosa network, there is plenty to go at with weekly Sunday services available.
- Innsbruck – skiers and snowboarders can access the Tyrolean capital from Birmingham Airport thanks to weekly Saturday services. Innsbruck hosted the 1964 Winter Olympics and resorts such as Igls, Alpbach and St Anton am Arlberg make it a firm favourite with skiers and snow sports fans year in year out.
- Barcelona (Andorra) - Twice-weekly services open-up Andorra and the Pyrenees which host some of Europe’s best ski resorts including Grandvalira, La Molina, Pal-Arinsal and the mega-resort of Soldeu El Tarter.
Booking and travelling on ski flights with Jet2.com means customers get to enjoy VIP customer service which has seen the UK’s third largest airline win numerous awards and accolades, as well as 10kg hand luggage and 22kg baggage* and 22kg ski carriage*. What’s more, customers can look to secure their place on the slopes next year for less, as the leading airline is offering 10% off all ski flights booked on or before 31st March.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “We know how much skiers and snowboarders missed the slopes in Winter 20/21, so we are absolutely thrilled to be launching such an exciting ski programme for Winter 21/22 from Birmingham Airport. With the best slopes across Europe available, we know that snow sports fans in the region will be clamouring to book the best of the action for Winter 21/22 and ski flights are selling very well as a result.
“In addition to Geneva, Grenoble, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Turin and Barcelona (Andorra), we are delighted to be adding Chambery to our ski programme for Winter 21/22. Chambery provides fantastic access to the best ski resorts in the French Alps, so whether you are a beginner or an expert, the best slopes are within easy reach. With perfectly timed flights, we’re giving skiers access to the best ski resorts across Europe and we know the return of our ski programme will be a huge hit with snow sports enthusiasts.”
Tom Screen, Aviation Director of Birmingham Airport said: “We know that customers of Birmingham Airport are busy planning their forthcoming trips so it is great news that Jet2.com have released their winter ski schedule for 2021/22. Both skiers and snowboarders have an amazing choice of destinations to pick across Austria, France, Italy, Spain and Switzerland thanks to this packed programme.”