- Summer in the city heats up as Summer 23 City Breaks programme goes on sale earlier than ever from the base – this means 48 sun and city destinations are now on sale for Summer 23 from Birmingham Airport
- Choice of city break destinations to Greece (Athens), Mainland Spain (Barcelona), and Italy (Rome, Venice, and Pisa) now on sale from Birmingham Airport for customers and independent travel agents – with more good news coming soon!
- Early release of the programme comes in response to soaring demand for summer in the city, as well as the strong desire to book early
14th December 2021: On top of a huge range of beach hotspots already available, Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks have today put Summer in the city on sale for 2023 from Birmingham Airport, with customers and independent travel agents in the Midlands now able to book Athens, Barcelona, Rome, Venice, and Pisa for Summer 23.
With demand for city breaks in the sunshine soaring, the leading leisure airline and UK’s largest operator of European City Breaks, have put their popular City Breaks programme on sale for Summer 23 from Birmingham Airport earlier than ever before. The announcement follows the early release of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ scorching Summer Sun programme for 2023 and comes in response to customers and independent travel agents looking ahead to book a much-needed holiday in the diary.
Today’s exciting announcement means holidaymakers and independent travel agents can choose from a total of 48 beach and city destinations from Birmingham Airport in Summer 23.
The exciting programme from Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks gives customers and independent travel agents in the region fantastic choice and flexibility when it comes to visiting world-famous capitals, cultural centres, and historical gems and their favourite city break destinations in Greece (Athens), Mainland Spain (Barcelona) and Italy (Venice, Rome, and Pisa).
Key highlights of the Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks Summer 23 programme from Birmingham Airport announced today include:
- Five leisure city destinations on sale – Athens (up to two weekly flights), Barcelona (up to two weekly flights), Rome (up to four weekly flights), Pisa (weekly flights) and Venice (up to two weekly flights).
The companies will also be making further announcements about their Summer 23 City Breaks programme from the base over the coming weeks.
Customers can choose from a flight-only option with Jet2.com or an ATOL protected package holiday with Jet2CityBreaks available for a low £60 per person deposit.
Package options with Jet2CityBreaks include flights with Jet2.com including 22kg hold luggage, transfers to and from the airport, as well as a choice of 2-5 star hotels in central locations, providing the perfect base from which to explore and experience the best city break destinations in Europe.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “Feedback from customers and independent travel agents in the region is telling us that people want something to look forward to more than ever before and the early release of our Summer 23 City Breaks programme allows them to do just that. As the UK’s largest operator of European city breaks, our selection of city breaks for Summer 23 from Birmingham Airport offers lots of choice and flexibility. With more destinations still to go on sale from the base, there will be an even more hotspots to pick from, and we look forward to revealing further details of the exciting programme soon.
He adds: “The reassurance of booking flights and ATOL protected holidays with a trusted company is hugely important for our customers. By offering that reassurance and giving holidaymakers a fantastic choice of city break destinations to choose from, it means we anticipate a very successful Summer 23.”
Tom Screen, Aviation Director of Birmingham Airport commenting on the city breaks on sale said: “We know that our customers are busy catching up on missed travel, so with Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks putting their Summer 23 City Breaks on sale, it ensures holidaymakers can plan future holidays and give themselves something to look forward. A city break allows for a short relaxing break but gives enough time to recharge the batteries and enjoy a change of scenery.
“As ever, customers travelling with Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks can be reassured of great customer service and ATOL protected holidays.”
The five city break destinations announced today are on top of the Summer Sun destinations already on sale for Summer 23 from Birmingham Airport, which are as follows:
- 43 sun destinations on sale - Antalya, Bodrum, Dalaman, Izmir, Tenerife, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Reus, Alicante, Malaga, Girona, Costa de Almeria, Palma (Majorca), Ibiza, Menorca, Faro (Algarve), Madeira, Crete (Heraklion), Crete (Chania), Corfu, Kefalonia, Skiathos, Santorini, Kos, Kalamata, Preveza, Rhodes, Halkidiki, Zante, Larnaca, Paphos, Naples, Sicily, Sardinia, Verona, Bourgas (Bulgaria), Dubrovnik, Split, Malta, Bergerac, Jersey, Innsbruck
Independent travel agents can visit: trade.jet2holidays.com