Due to COVID-19, TfWM are advising to only use public transport if you have no other travel options. This helps to keep public transport services safe and available for those who need them most. Walk, cycle or drive if you can and when making essential journeys, stay apart.
Do not crowd at doorways to get on board. Do not sit next to others where possible. Use mobile, smartcard or contactless payments. Social distancing is important to keep both passengers and staff safe. The below video advises how you can adhere to social distancing whilst travelling on the TfWM public transport network:
Bus, train and tram services are reduced. Further changes to timetables are being made from Monday 18 May to bring more services back in to use, however, capacity will still be limited. Please visit the TfWM website for the latest updates.
Birmingham International Station
Birmingham Airport is directly connected to over 100 towns and cities via Birmingham International Station and the free 'Air-Rail Link' monorail system. The Air-Rail Link takes two minutes to get to the station and operates between 03:30 and 00:30 hours daily. Between 00:30 and 02:00 hours there is a courtesy bus in operation. Please use bus stop C from the Airport Terminal and bus stop NB at the Train Station.
Rail services operate regularly from Birmingham International to a range of destinations, by a number of operators, including:
- 3 trains per hour (tph) to London Euston
- 2tph to Birmingham New Street
- 1tph to Wolverhampton via Birmingham New Street
*For more information about Avanti West Coast, please visit https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/
- Up to 3tph to London Euston
- Up to 3tph to Northampton
- Up to 3tph to Milton Keynes
- Up to 4tph to Birmingham New Street
- Up to 3tph to Rugby
- 1tph to Manchester Piccadilly
- 1tph to Bournemouth
- 4tph to Birmingham New Street
- 1tph to London Euston via Northampton
- 1tph to Northampton
- 1tph to Coventry
- 1tph to Shrewsbury, of which:
- 1tp2h continues to Aberystwyth and Pwllheli after dividing at Machynlleth
- 1tp2h continues to Holyhead via Wrexham General and Chester
Birmingham New Street is 10 minutes on a direct train, with seven services per hour from Birmingham International. Services to central London operate daily with three trains per hour serving London Euston with Avanti West Coast Trains and London Northwestern Railway. The journey takes approximately 70 minutes with Avanti West Coast Trains.