Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has announced a massively expanded summer flights and holidays programme from Birmingham Airport for Summer 18, with 13 brand new destinations, 900,000 seats, two brand new aircraft and thousands of 2-5 star hotels on sale.
Just weeks after the first flights and holidays launched from Birmingham, the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist is already announcing major growth with over 300,000 extra seats and 13 new summer sun and city break destinations, meaning it will operate to a total of 28 destinations in Summer 18.
The new destinations out of Birmingham Airport with Jet2.com, which was last week named Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe in the inaugural TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines, and Jet2holidays which offers great value ATOL protected package breaks through a £60 per person deposit, include:
- Halkidiki - exclusive destination from Birmingham Airport, with one service every week giving holidaymakers access to one of the most beautiful of Greece’s peninsulas
- Antalya – two services every week accessing Turkey's turquoise coast
- Costa de Almeria – two services every week where customers can take their pick from the family friendly resort of Roquetas de Mar or the historic village of Mojacar for authentic Spanish charm
- Kos – two services every week to the island known for its abundant sandy beaches and rich Greek and Roman history
- Krakow – two services every week to the second largest city in Poland, famed for its priceless historical monuments
- Larnaca (Cyprus) – two services every week to the popular Cypriot destination
- Madeira – one service every week to this famous island, known for its green and rugged landscape
- Malta – one service every week giving access to sea, sun, culture, attractions and history
- Naples – two services every week to one of Italy’s oldest, most artistic cities which also opens up the Amalfi Coast
- Prague – two services every week to the Czech capital, also known as the City of a Hundred Spires
- Rome – two services every week to the magnificent Italian capital
- Split – two services every week to this town on Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast, known for its beaches and fortress-like centre
- Zante – two services every week to this glimmering island located in the Ionian Sea
In addition to these new destinations, there is also increased capacity in Summer 18 to popular sun destinations including Malaga, Alicante, Ibiza, Reus, Majorca and Menorca.
Two additional brand new Boeing 737-800 aircraft will come into operation at Birmingham Airport to support this expanded summer programme, which has come on the back of a fantastic response to the company’s award winning flights and great value package holidays.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “Our award-winning flights and holidays have arrived in style at Birmingham Airport with people across the region welcoming our offer of real package holidays and family friendly flights. On the back of this, we are delighted to be announcing a hugely expanded summer 18 programme, giving holidaymakers across the region access to a fantastic choice of sun and city destinations, and even an exclusive route to Halkidiki. Such success in a brand new base shows that our formula is the right one with customers, so as well as looking forward to our first summer at Birmingham Airport this year, we are already making big plans for Summer 18.”
William Pearson, Birmingham Airport’s Aviation Director said: “Just a few weeks after launching, the Jet2.com and Jet2holidays brand has announced a massive growth programme from Birmingham in Summer 2018 and we are delighted to see this positive move that shows confidence in our region and the airport. We look forward to welcoming people who will be able to travel with the airline and tour operator to 28 destinations next summer from Birmingham.