Birmingham Airport and Flybe are pleased to announce a new, multi-frequency, year round service to Rotterdam The Hague launching from 5th September 2016.
The new route will operate twice daily during the week and once a day on Saturdays and Sundays and seats can be booked from 10th November 2015 at www.flybe.com.
It will also provide convenient connections for passengers travelling via the airline’s Birmingham hub to or from Belfast, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Rotterdam at dusk
Rotterdam The Hague Airport is located 20-25 minutes equidistant from Rotterdam, Netherlands’ ‘second city’ and the country’s seat of government in The Hague.
Flights have been timed to particularly accommodate business travel offering the opportunity for convenient day returns, as well as to attract the leisure traveller wanting to enjoy the cities’ lively cultural scenes, numerous museums and dynamic nightlife.
The news reinforces Flybe’s commitment to Birmingham following the start of its 2015-16 Winter flying programme which features 17 routes and a choice of up to 710 flights a week through to 26th March, 2016.
The Winter Schedule from Birmingham includes:
- Amsterdam: Extra flights during peak winter periods including an extra morning rotation on and operating up to five times a day
- Chambery: Popular weekly Saturday ski service returns from 19th December
- Dusseldorf: Extra morning flight taking up to five flights a day
- Edinburgh: Up to eight flights a day Mon-Fri
- Glasgow: Up to eight flights a day
- Hannover: Extra choice of up to 13 flights a week
- Milan: Extra choice of up to 14 flights a week
- Stuttgart: From February 29th 2016 there is an extra lunchtime flight during the week expanding the choice up to 16 flights a week
Paul Simmons, Flybe’s Chief Commercial Officer, comments: “Our brand new route to Rotterdam The Hague starting next September is a brand new destination for Flybe and we look forward to welcoming all our new passengers on board.
“The diversity and added frequency to our Winter programme this year demonstrates our commitment in providing unrivalled regional connections and onward seamless travel through our codeshare partners to the rest of the world particularly via our Birmingham hub.”
William Pearson, Aviation Development Director, Birmingham Airport, said: “As our largest carrier, we are extremely pleased to see Flybe adding Rotterdam to its route network from Birmingham, particularly with a double daily service to allow business travellers to return on the same day.
"Birmingham Airport acts as a hub for services to and from other Flybe UK airports so we look forward to welcoming passengers travelling point to point, or through Birmingham, to access this new Flybe destination to Rotterdam.”