Another record month as Birmingham Airport handles over 900,000 passengers in October

The Midlands airport’s latest figures reveal 921,150 passengers passed through its terminals during the month, beating last October’s previous record by 4.8%.

These latest passenger numbers mean 2015 is continuing to be a record breaking year for the airport with October being the ninth record month.

Long haul traffic is at the forefront of the continued growth with over 33% more passengers using these services compared to October 2014.

Paul Kehoe, Chief Executive of Birmingham Airport said:

“Yet again we’ve seen another very encouraging month of record breaking passenger numbers here at Birmingham Airport with the demand for long haul flights continuing to increase.

“Our choice of airlines and routes, both long haul and short haul, are continuing to expand to give our passengers the flexibility to travel year round to some fantastic destinations. We are confident that our success will continue into 2016 as we welcome more new carriers, including CSA, Qatar, Iberia and Blue Air to Birmingham in the new year.”

Scheduled traffic in October accounted for 84% of the total with charter passengers making up the remaining 16%.

The most popular routes with over one hundred percent growth compared to October last year were Reykjavik, Berlin, Venice, New York JFK, Madrid, Budapest and Warsaw.

The same high growth rate was seen on charter services, with top destinations including Alicante (+144.6%), Venice (+135.7%), Gran Canaria (+120.2%) and Cancun (+119.7%).



Renew or change your cookie consent
Cookie settings
Book Flights Book Parking Order Currency Book Taxi